Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Just came back from the hospital. My sis, bro and mum were there, but my mum left eaerlier for work. An optician came to check my dad's degree then we went to look at some spectacle frames for him. It was kinda difficult because dad wasn't there and my bro kept insisting on getting the chicken little ones so dad would be forced to be stuck with some psychedelic 1970's humongo glasses. Bet he's still pretty sore about losing the chess game. Bought some food, went back up, Charmaine and bro went to get some medical records and dinner, while I sat there and talked to dad. There were some awkward interruptions of silence since I'm not exactly the best conversationalist around unlike all my other siblings. It was more like dad trying to talk to me than the other way round. 5th aunt came and I didn't know who she was at first, but I could sort of recognize her face. I mean, my dad's side of the family has very distinct and obvious features that is pretty hard to miss. I think she was rather reproved of me because I didn't seem to know what exactly was going on or that I couldn't exactly speak to her as charmingly as my bro could. I left when my bro came back and dad was having dinner. Eating my usual special k yoghurt clusters for dinner now.

My dad told me good luck for my exams and for some reason I just felt so guilty for my stupidity. You know how some people regard themselves as the black sheep of the family? I'm the voyeur of the family. Everytime I look at them, I feel like I don't belong at all. So char and I haven't spoken to or met for like what, 5 years? But that doesn't seem to make a difference with my bro and her now does it? It seems like the blood through them is so ingrained that they all manage to click the moment they meet, al too. Me? Sometimes I feel like I was just found in a box by the dump or something. I just sit at the side, and like when they speak to me, it's so obligatory, so contrived. Family? What the hell is a family in the first place huh.

Your Vocabulary Score: A-

Congratulations on your multifarious vocabulary!
You must be quite an erudite person.





You Are 50% Boyish and 50% Girlish


You are pretty evenly split down the middle - a total eunuch.

Okay, kidding about the eunuch part. But you do get along with both sexes.

You reject traditional gender roles. However, you don't actively fight them.

You're just you. You don't try to be what people expect you to be.



You Have a Melancholic Temperament

Introspective and reflective, you think about everything and anything.
You are a soft-hearted daydreamer. You long for your ideal life.
You love silence and solitude. Everyday life is usually too chaotic for you.

Given enough time alone, it's easy for you to find inner peace.
You tend to be spiritual, having found your own meaning of life.
Wise and patient, you can help people through difficult times.

At your worst, you brood and sulk. Your negative thoughts can trap you.
You are reserved and withdrawn. This makes it hard to connect to others.
You tend to over think small things, making decisions difficult.
What Temperment Are You?
This is scarily true...

No comments: